We CARE ABOUT
- When you leave the shop with your new ink, your tattoo will stay wrapped up for 1-3 hours (No longer!)
- Make sure hands are clean, unwrap your tattoo, and lightly wash with warm water and fingertips, using Dial Gold Antibacterial soap (This specific soap is important for healing, as many other antibacterial soaps contain fragrance which irritates tattoos!)
- After tattoo is washed, PAT lightly with a clean towel. (Do NOT rub or scrub)
- Apply a nice thin layer of Ink Balm to your clean tattoo. You will re-apply this balm throughout the day. It is super important to make sure your new ink does NOT dry out. Keep this tin in your pocket or purse for convenience.
- You will wash your tattoo EVERY morning and night, while repeating steps 3 and 4 until FULLY healed.
- be sure NOT TO SLEEP ON YOUR TATTOO. try not to let any critters lick at it, scratch at it, get their hair in it, children poke at it...etc.! It's pretty much a wound that you need to care for and avoid any chances of infection.
- By day 3-4 (depending on your body's healing process) your tattoo will begin to flake and peel. It's a scaly, ugly process- but it sheds a layer off to reveal fresh new skin. ( when washing during this time, you will see tiny pieces of your tattoo coming off. TOTALLY normal ---- don't freak out! Don't overly wash and scrub your flaking skin, just let it do its healing on its' own)
- By this time, your tattoo is probably starting to itch since it is healing - DO NOT SCRATCH IT! If it's overbearing, smack your tattoo. If you start digging at it, chances are it's not going to heal well.
- During the healing process, (which can take any where from 7 days - 3 weeks, depending on placement, body type, damage to the skin etc.) Do not submerge in water, pool, hot tub. Showers are completely fine, just do not soak. Be sure not to use any body wash - ONLY specified soap on your tattoo. Rinse any other products away from your ink!
- Stay out of direct sunlight! You want to baby this thing! Sun will damage your new ink while healing. Even after FULLY healed, it is recommended for sunblock to be applied, as the tattoo WILL fade (especially color) if exposed to damaging sun rays.
- After the flaky-ness has gone away, you can continue with your Ink Balm, or switch to a fragrance free lotion (ex. Lubriderm or Aveeno) , or naturally based alternative (such as Bee Love's Lavender Cream! ) Your Tattoo will have a shiny layer of new skin on top....NOT done healing yet! Even if you think it's healed, keep applying lotion for another week all day long to be sure that your tattoo is completely healed so it can look beautiful and badass for life!
- Although infections and/or allergic reactions are rare, please be aware that it can occur. after a few days, if your tattoo seems extra irritated, red and hot to the touch, please get in touch with me or your primary care physician ASAP. Everyone's bodies are different, and healing can be harder on certain individuals. Occupation and individual day to day activity can be a huge factor in tough healing, being exposed to harmful outside elements with an open wound. Allergic reactions could occur (mostly in aftercare) so PAY attention to the ingredients. These cases are super RARE.